A Harvest Blessing
instructed by Suzanne Mikulka
This piece was inspired by a piece done by Susie Saunders. I enlarged my banner to fit my board and added my own fruits and gourds. I hope you enjoy painting it.
My piece was painted on a board, 36” by 6”. I purchased it at JoAnn’s for $3.99. Any surface of your choice will be acceptable. You could decide to just paint the fruit on round surfaces. I’m sure there will be many creative ideas.
Please stain your piece, water based stain is best. Apply pattern for banner- paint that first-it makes it easier. Then apply the pattern for the leaves, fruit, gourds and letters.
Home prep will be given with the pattern. Please try to have it done so we can work on techniques. Thanks so much. Looking forward to painting this with you.
1. Stain board. Apply pattern for banner. Base in Soft Sage.(or any light color of your choosing.) Apply pattern for rest.
2. All leaves and stems- Black Green
3. Apples- base in Tomato Spice
4. Red grapes- Candy Bar
5. Blue grapes and plum- Uniform Blue
6. Pumpkin and top of gourd- Straw
7. Bottom of gourd, Round gourd, pear gourd- Dark Forest green
8. Pear- Antique Gold
9. Lettering- Dolphin Grey or color of your choice.